Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Wonder of God

Hello all,

My initial plan was to write on Faith tonight and what it means but as I struggled to write it, I realized that maybe it's not what God wanted. The thoughts are in my head but I just couldn't put it on the blog. Maybe my planned writing wouldn't bring people closer to Him. Maybe I'm wrong in my thinking. I guess I just have do His will and not mine.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. I wanted to share a couple of personal experiences that have happened in the last 24 hours.

1. Yesterday, I came across a very nice Christian blog called Anchor for the Soul and read a post regarding John Donne and also about God's calling. Anyhow, last night, I heard a talk from a Priest and the first thing he did was referenced the poem that I had just read and then talked very insightfully about God's calling.

2. In my post yesterday, I briefly discuss Genesis 22 and in a comment, I commented on Luke 14. Well, today, I randomly hit a Christian blog called One Bread (1 Corinthians 10:17) and the writer referenced the Exact same readings!

Was this coincidence or did God have a hand in this? I know what I think.

God has done some amazing things in my life that I hope to share with everyone at a future time. These last few days as I've been writing, I have been really feeling His presence. What a great feeling.

Have a great day.


2 comments:

Tom Morehead said...

I don't believe in coincidences. I see the hand of God at work here. As Yogi Berra might have said "You gotta believe it to see it."
In any case feel free to use the article I posted. The Blog is not mine, I'm a contributor but you may use anything I have authored.
God Bless You

Daniel said...

Dennis,

That's striking. It's unusual what God does in our lives to draw attention to him. Thank you for your kind words about my blog.

God bless