Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Making All Things New

Well, it's been a long time since I last posted. As the days grow warmer here in Michigan, there's a lot more activity in my life. My daughter wants to go to the park every day with her Daddy and there's all the outside stuff like mowing the lawn, etc.

Lately, I have been watching EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network) and have actually been fascinated by the programming. On Monday nights, there's a show called the Journey Home which has a former Evangelical as the host. He has different guests on his show who talk about their journey into the Catholic Church.

A couple nights ago, he had a gentleman who mentioned that the Catholic Church makes wonderful use of Typology. He then explains about the parallels between the Old Testament and the New Testament.

I had never heard this word but started researching. In the previous posts, I have mentioned the following parallels:

Jesus and Adam
Mary and Eve
Jesus and Abel

All of the above were different typologies that I had learned (although I didn't know the word). There are many more and I just find the whole thing fascinating as I learn more and more.

That's all tonight...I hope to continue writing soon.

Here are some links regarding Typology:

That Moses Thing

Typology

2 comments:

jel said...

Hi Dennis,

this was very interesting, thanks!


have a great day!

Modern Day Magi said...

I havnt checked the links yet but i have heard teaching that the very hill where Abraham was to sacrifice his son Isaac would be used many hundreds of years later by another Father who did sacrifice His Son for the sins of the world.

The whole Old Testament is full of types of Jesus. That is why we know Jesus is the Messiah, He fulfilles the Law and the types all point to Him.

Good post!

MDM