Sunday, February 26, 2006

May God Rebuke Him

In the Name of Jesus, I take authority and I bind all powers and forces in the air, in the ground, in the water, in the underground, in nature and in fire. You are the Lord over the entire universe and I give you the Glory for your creation. In your name I bind all demonic forces that have come against us and our families and I seal all of us in the protection of Your Precious Blood that was shed for us on the cross. Mary, our Mother, we seek your protection and intercession with the Sacred Heart of Jesus for us and our families, and surround us with your mantle of love to discourage the enemy. St. Michael and our Guardian Angels come defend us and our families in battle against all the evil ones that roam the earth. In the Name of Jesus, I bind and command all the powers and forces of evil to depart right now away from us, our homes and our lands. And we thank you Lord Jesus for You are a faithful and compassionate God. Amen.

Well, I got back home safe and sound from Mexico. It was a good pleasant trip although there were a lot of interesting things that happened:

--Due to high winds, I missed my connecting flight to Mexico in Phoenix and had to spend the night there (It sure beats Detroit!) When I got to my hotel, I felt the urge to call a friend of mine who was just recently laid off. As it turned out, he had just arrived into Phoenix the night before. So, that evening, we were able to get together and spend some time.

--In Hermosillo, Mexico, I met up with a gentleman whom I met six years ago in another city about 500 miles from Hermosillo. I only met him a couple of times and we were at most mild acquaintances. Anyhow, he took me to his house to meet his wife (whom I had met before) and his kids. In his kitchen, I saw a picture in the center of his refrigerator. I examined it closely and realized that I took that picture six years earlier! Talk about weird!

--In Chihahua, Mexico, I met up with a gentleman whom I had never previously met. In the evening, we got to talking and it turned out that he had lived in Detroit about 15 years ago for a year. At that time, he went to my church! (at least my old church). Talk about a small world.

In these 3 instances (and a few other smaller ones), I could really sense God was present and that he wanted me there for a reason. Why? I don't know. I just need to trust His lead.

In the last week, I have been sensing another presence. One that's not so welcome. In the last week:

--My home computer where I write my posts completely broke down

--My daughter got very sick--just as I was leaving.

--I missed my flight down to Mexico (as stated previously)

--I kept on getting stopped by security and customs

--My flight home was delayed.

I sense a presence that is trying to discourage me. It's trying to afflict me and take my focus away from God. Were all the above instances caused by the Devil? I don't know. I just know that I need to have my love for God stay focused on Him and Him alone. We cannot let the Devil distract us.

For he hates us. His goal is not to get us to worship him. His goal is to turn us away from God and get us to focus inwards to ourselves. (Genesis 3:4) His sin is a sin of pride and he wants all of humanity to share in it with him. We cannot let him do that to us. We need to turn away from pride and focus ourselves on God and His love for us. When Satan tempts us, we need to turn to God and cling ever closer to Him and His cross and not let go.

We can't do this alone.

We can only do this with God's help and we can only receive that grace through prayer. The above prayer is a prayer that I learned from my parents who are/were members of a Catholic Charismatic Community. Unfortunately, my father passed away a couple of years ago. We used the above prayer for his prayer card at the funeral.

I need to remind myself and ask all Catholics who read this to pray the above prayer every day. There is a spiritual war going on and the only way we can win it is by completely turning to Jesus and helping others turn themselves to Jesus as well.

For my Protestant brothers who are probably uncomfortable with the above prayer, I understand and ask you to remind yourself to pray the prayer below or use your own words to ask God to help you reject Satan on a daily basis.

Above all, please pray from the heart.

As has been stated earlier in my posts, we cannot do this without God's help.

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray this prayer in the power or the Holy Spirit

In the name of Jesus Christ, I bind, rebuke and bring to no effect, all division, discord, disunity, strife, anger, wrath, murder, criticism, condemnation, pride, envy, jealousy, gossip, slander, evil speaking, complaining, lying, false teaching, false gifts, false manifestations, lying signs and wonders, poverty, fear of lack, fear spirits, murmuring spirits, hindering spirits, retaliatory spirits, deceiving spirits, religious spirits, occult spirits, witchcraft spirits (including Jezebel, Delilah and Apollyon) and spirits of antichrist

I bind all curses that have been spoken against me. I bless those who curse me, and pray blessings on those who despiteful use me

I bind all spoken judgment made against me and judgments I have made against others
I bind the power of negative words from others, and I bind and render useless all prayers not inspired by the Holy Spirit; whether psychic, soul force, witchcraft or counterfeit tongues that have been prayed against me

I am God's child. I resist the devil. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I put on the whole armor of God. I take authority over this day, in Jesus' name. Let it be prosperous for me, let me walk in your love, Lord. The Holy Spirit leads and guides me today, I discern between the righteous and the wicked

I take authority over Satan and all his demons, and those people who are influenced by them. I declare Satan is under my feet and remain there all day. I am the righteous of God in Christ Jesus

I am God's property. Satan you are bound from my family, my mind, my body, my home and my finances

I confess that I am healed and whole. I flourish, I am long lived, stable, durable, incorruptible, fruitful, virtuous, full of peace, patience and love. Whatsoever I set my hand to do shall prosper, for God supplies all my needs. I have all authority over Satan, all demons, and beasts of the field. God, I pray for the ministry that you have for me. Anoint me, God, for all you have called me to do for you

I call forth divine appointments, open doors of opportunity, God ordained encounters and ministry positions. I claim a hedge of protection around myself, spouse and children throughout this day and night

I ask you God, in the name of Jesus to dispatch angels to surround me, my spouse and my children today, and to put them throughout my house and around our cars, souls and bodies. I ask angels to protect my house from any intrusion and to protect me and my family from any harmful demonic or other physical or mental attacks.
I ask this prayer in the name of Jesus AMEN.

5 comments:

henderrob said...

This is a beautifully crafted prayer. Did you write it or is it in the Catholic Prayer Book?

TheDen said...

Hello henderrob,

Thank you very much for reading and commenting on my post. I got that prayer from my parents. It's not a very popular prayer (i.e. it's not taught in school) and it sounds like it has some Protestant foundations with some Catholic touches. Still, it's a very effective prayer. I didn't bother typing it out. I found it on a web site and copied it.

I think that either prayer will be helpful for anyone in their daily lives as it helps us keep our focus on God.

Keep praying always,

Dennis

Joseph said...

It is odd.

The best information re the devil I have found is "An Exorcist Tells His Story" by Fr. Gabriele Amorth, Rome's Exorcist. Published by Ignatius.

Little folks like us don't bind demons or take authority over Satan, but I admire your enthusiasm.

Whenever you get tired of me picking on you Dennis, just say so!

Or better yet, start picking on me :)

Modern Day Magi said...

Little folks like us don't bind demons or take authority over Satan, but I admire your enthusiasm.
true it is no us who have the power but Jesus. His spirit dwells in all those who are saved, and it the power His name gives us which binds demons or satan.

The Healing of a Boy With a Demon Matthew 17:14-21
When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before him. "Lord, have mercy on my son," he said. "He has seizures and is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him."
"O unbelieving and perverse generation," Jesus replied, "how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me." Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed from that moment.
Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?"
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Joseph said...

Yes, we are all close to right about this.

I'm really just worried about Acts 19:15.

My faith is unfortunatly smaller than a mustard seed, unbelievng and perverse. But I would sure like power over devils anyway.

Like the Jews, we can not take it upon ourselves. So we have to watch the "I" word.

Which to my eyes made the prayer a bit over the top.